The overall design objective is to create enclosures for electronic projects that enhance and integrate them into our living areas. The goal is to move beyond enclosures that are fine for protecting projects on a lab bench, but are out of place as home furnishings. Similarly, designs will avoid ‘ultra-modern, shiny, high-tech’; cool as this can be, it’s something more suited for an office or institutional space. This projects seeks to blend technology into a living space instead of forcing a fit.
An important element of achieving this blending is utilizing a style that bridges technology and elegant furnishings.
- Use natural or traditional materials (such as wood, stone, glass) wherever possible.
- These are the materials that typically make up our home environment.
- Use warm, natural colors
- This follows Alexander’s pattern A250
- Use dimensions based on a Fibonacci sequence beginning with 0.25 inches wherever possible on visible parts.
- Use timeless design styling by blending ancient and modern design elements.